ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Fresh greens from Cameron Highlands


You are looking at green tomatoes, English gourd and Japanese cucumber. Holding in my hands are also some vegetable shoots that look like asparagus, softer but as crunchy. English gourd and the vegetable shoots are grown wild, so we just picked them from the side of the roads. The bush-like growth at the back of me is the English gourd plant. It looks like a kind of vine, the gourd ripen in abundance the time I was there. So, the kids got a basketfull of English gourd for me. The farmer then gave us Japanese cucumber, cherry tomatoes and spring onions which they planted. Loads of them. I brought them home and use them as fruits and vegetables smoothies for breakfast. Oh! by the way, this is at the cool mountain retreat in Malaysia, the place is called Cameron Highlands. It is a holiday destination for the locals and tourists too. Usually it is packed during holidays. So, advisable for tourists to come by during weekdays. The resort stay and the hotel rates are much lower then. You get pretty good service at restaurants and shops. There are a few wonderful eateries, especially scones and English tea. Cameron Highlands with its highest peak, Gunung Brinchang, stands at 6,600 feet above sea level. It is famed for its tea plantations. If you have tasted Boh Tea, it comes from here. Now, there is a new road leading up to Cameron from Simpang Pulai. This new road is less winding, 2-lanes, dual carriage and less steep compared to the road from Tapah. It is a comparatively shorter distance to Cameron by using the new road. If you are using North South Highway (one of the best highways in the world at 800 over km in length that stretches from Singapore right to Thailand), exit at Simpang Pulai. There are well laid road signs leading you there. When you take this road, you will enter into Kampung Rajah first. While for the old road, you will reach Tanah Rata instead.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: