ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

On Regent Street, London


This is Ted Baker's store at Regent Street. I was so intrigued with the revolving upmarket dressing room in the center of the upper boutique floor that I had to video it to see its effect.  I felt like it is a velvet wall carpeted dressing room with 3-side mirrors, well, if I am going to design a dressing room, it should look like this.


Strolling on the streets of London on a cold wintry afternoon, with blue skies is the best past times. There will be streets where you will find most of the bookshops like Foyle, Waterstones, WH Smith and some smaller bookstores that offer spectacular prizes for hard-to-find books.  There will also be streets for world-famous musicals like The Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables and many more.

For anyone who loves Chinese food, just turn another corner and walk into Soho, one of the most colorful China Town in the world. You will find to your amazement the best BBQ pork (charsiew and siewyok) in London (perhaps, better than the ones you have in Hong Kong).  And we will never miss our Chinese style comfort food - the best we have been eating so far - the si chew chao hor, kueh teow with black bean paste, lots of colorful peppers and onions. Like the Chinese used to say, it even takes in the smells of the hot wok.

I think you can just spend your entire day just walking around and getting all that you want from Leicester Square to Piccadilly Circus to Regent Street.

You can find John Lewis departmental store, H & M. Massimo Dutti, National Geographic Society and many more. There is so much to see, eat and do.

I like walking the streets of London. Taking the tube. Just sit in pubs and order food from the bartender. Yes, you get food, real comfort food, from the bartender. It is like a cafe, only that you place you orders at the bar counter.

Loving London evermore each time there.  It has the unpretentious acceptance of everything, everyone, everytime. The diversity tolerance is so apparent esp when in the tube. It is like people from all around the globe are on the tube at any one time. There will be 3-5 languages used in conversation during a 30-min journey. And nobody is *(^%$!! about anybody. You can be all that you want to be.


This is one of Apple Store's ongoing workshop sessions in one of the biggest Apple Store I have visited thus far. This is like a theater. The trainer is going through the Garage Band software. I was amazed with the sound effect of this open "theater".



Apple store is packed. I felt like the whole world was there to check out, iPad? The Macbook and iMac are all turned on. We can access internet at every computer as long as we want. And, it is free.


I like these apps icon. So colorful when they are all hung like drapes on the front window.


Notice the transparent staircase leading up the first floor. This Apple Store is huge. The staircase is like a fashion runway, chic and stunning.

No comments: