ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Amazing photos at Lantau Island, Hong Kong



As I walked up the 268 steps to the statue, this is a picture taken with Canon IXUS 860IS, 28mm wide angle lens. I captured the offerings by devas to Buddha. And the clouds open up to receive the blessings too. I like this picture. I cropped it and made it into a black and white shot. It gave it the wow factor.


I have been to Lantau Island many times. Each time when I am in Hong Kong, I will take the whole day to just be in Lautau Island. Waking up late, take it slowly, finishing a hefty crunchy beef ball noodles with all the beef's "spare parts". Order myself a tall glass of Hong Kong lady's panty-hose milk tea, which has a distinctive taste that only Hong Kong can create that so far.

Then, take the MRT to Central Pier for the ferry to the Island. Upon reaching, alight a bus that will take almost an hour to reach the foot hill of the world's largest bronx Buddha statue. (About 2 years ago, MRT has extended its service to Lantau Island, but you still need to take the 1-hour bus to the peak.)

From here, it was a full array of inspirational photo taking.

The last trip was exceptionally art-stimulating. There were plenty of flags planted at the Heaven's Altar (Tian Tan). The Heaven's Altar is the smaller version of the one many tourists will visit in Beijing's Forbidden city. The Hong Kong flags made a significant display enhancing the composition of the pictures.



This one I took it standing at the edge of the Heaven's altar looking up at the Buddha statue, accentuating the sky with its peaceful glow.


This is another picture taken as I walked the trail at the Heart Sutra, 38 obelisks planted on the shoulder of Lantau Peak. It is about 20 minutes walk from Po Lin Manastery. It was only open to the public in 2005. I have been there twice.  I purposely tint it to orange so that the silhouette of the person sitting on the rock stands out conspicuously. Thus, adding a sense of care-free spirit.