ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Freshly Baked Hot Scones & Strawberry Pie



I noticed there are many friends who login to this blogsite from other countries. So, it makes good sense to use this blog to introduce to our foreign friends some of the lovely things we get in Malaysia. I love to eat, so naturally, I will go to places to look for good food. One of the good times I look forward to when I am at a hill resort, especially at Cameron Highlands and Fraser's Hill (2 of the 3 popularly visited highland resorts in the country) is the time for Tea. I will find myself indulging in the most quintessential practice of the traditional English afternoon tea-culture. There are only 2 places I know (unless you can share with me other places or restaurants) in Cameron that serve afternoon tea with freshly baked hot scones - one is at The Bala's Holiday Chalet and the other is at The Olde Smokehouse. That day when I was at The Bala's Holiday Chalet, I just can't resist trying out their strawberry pie topped with ice-cream. The scones are as tasty as ever, because it is steaming hot, when the butter is applied on it, it just melts. I smooth it with whipped cream and home-made strawberry jam, wow, the moment I put it in my mouth, it warms up. Try them out when you are there the next time, the hot scones are definitely a tongue warmer, especially so when you savour them with hot tea during a downpour (it was raining cats and dogs then), and you look out from a Tudor-style cottage window, surround yourself with a well pruned garden filled with lavendar and roses, all dripping wet in the sensual cool mountain rain. Sit back and let the senses reach out to the feel of warm winter afternoons. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Wow you guys! You look like you are having a blast, and Chee Wa, excellent photography!

Love ya lots.

Love,
Jacks