ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Noah's Ark in Hong Kong


Noah's Ark has docked in Hong Kong.

Apparently, it is the biggest replica of the biblical famous Ark in the world today. It opened middle of 2009. When I was there end Sept, I just needed to make a trip there to see it myself. Moreover, taking a trip to Ma Wan island (also known in English as Park Island) where it is located, is in itself a breezy weekend walkabout.


There are quaint little shops the moment I got down from the ferry. I took the ferry from Central Pier 2 to Ma Wan Island. On my way back, I realized that taking the ferry from Tsuen Wan is closer to the MRT station and also cheaper. It is HK$20 from Central to Park Island, one-way. From Tsuen Wan, it is only HK$8 one-way.


It was an easy getaway from the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong activities, you can stroll freely on the road or just walk by the beach. There are hardly traffic plying the road. I guessed maybe it was a weekday. Many would have left for work.

What I don't understand is the location of the Ark, why is it built almost below the Tsing Yi bridge. It is underneath the highway leading to the airport. Even taking a picture will definitely frame in the bridge in the background.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi chee wah,

thanks for sharing the photos. got me wanting to go there!

regards,
julian gan