ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Musee d'Orsay, Paris



I have been to Paris probably 4 times, all for leisure. I have never travelled to other countries for work, it is always to enjoy myself, drinking in the culture of a country and basking in the warmth of the seasonal sun. But my memories always linger around Champs Elysees, how I walked the streets in winter and in spring. Watching people walk pass. Ejoying how Parisians talk and nibble at their desserts, sipping their coffee while they throw their head to the back and laugh heartily, finger their hair and sweep their muffler, tip their cigarette and pick up the glass of wine, swing their heads to wink their designer's earpiece, then cross their model-slim legs and lay back to bask in the sun - all at the sidewalk tiffany cafe. Hmmmm.....how wonderful life is!!
I once saw the author of the book "French Women Don't Get Fat", Mireille Guiliano on Oprah. She said French women have a very profound way to look at foods. What I learnt is something like this : we look at food as cholesterol, calories and fats. French women look at foods as pleasure, happiness and joy. So, the whole way of eating has been transformed to an "event of joy", of "pleasure", of "fun". It is like having an NLP on foods. No wonder we get fat, because what we think about, manifest. Think about it, isn't it a better way to look at food. Instead of being told over and over again that such food is cholesterol-high, calories-high and fats-aplenty, it is really NLP to "eat in" pleasure, joy and happiness. That makes eating so much more enjoyable!!
Even walking in an 18th century train station gave me so much pleasure to enjoy the art pieces displayed. The pictures above show Musee d'Orsay, a modern day museum displaying artworks by masters such as Vincent Van Gogh, Monet and the rest. This was a train station built sometime in 1939, then in 1977, it was officially decided to turn it into an art museum. It was open to the public on 9 Dec 1986.

No comments: