ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Saint-Paul de Vence, France

St Paul-de-Vence, this is whole village.
It has been quite a while, in fact, almost two months, since I last updated my blog.  I must admit that when sometimes I feel like writing, and the idea is brewing, I will start out looking for the appropriate pictures in my iPhoto for the story I am about to tell.  Most of the time, while browsing the pictures, instead of deciding on one aspect of the travel destination to write about, I will instead, reminisce the joy being there.  As if I am walking through the streets in India, in Italy, in South Africa and in so many wonderful where I left my footsteps behind.

The memories are so vivid most of the times because I spend time walking, observing, feeling the presence of everything that is there at the moment.  Even cramping into a bus that is full of people, that is already so memorable.

The village map. That's all to it.
This is the little place I so fondly remember as I go through my pictures.  A place nestled between Nice and the French Riviera, close to Cannes, is the small fortress village of St Paul-de-Vence.  The village is so quaint and so charming, walking on the cobbled stone becomes a fun thing to do.  Marveling at the shops with little doors and artistic display of their goods are a great pastime.  Then move around the fort enclosed village to find a corner with small old-fashioned chairs and tea-tables, order a glass of the local wine or a latte and a piece of chocolate fondant cake, a specialty of St Paul.

That will be a beautiful day spent in the confines of the picturesque and peaceful village.

An artistic display of a street name on the wall.


A garden-like entrance to someone's residence.

Shops have artistic display of beautiful items.
A hotel for the discerning few.


Lavender is in abundance here.

Tourists favorites.
Lavender is used in their food products too

1 comment:

YK Lim said...

Reading about the lifestyle you have, I wish I could live my life all over again. http://malaysiahappytraveller.blogspot.com