ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

No where to get married? Come to Gretna Green, Scotland

Going from England into Scotland by road, my first stop entering Scotland before arriving into Edinburgh is a small little town famous for runaway weddings.  It seems that this place host many wedding ceremonies, over 5,000 weddings in a year since 1753.

When England passed the Act to legalize the age for marriage to be 21, many teenagers who were madly in love, crossed the border and eloped to Scotland to get married.  The nearest town when they step into Scotland is Gretna Green.

Nowadays, people come from all over Europe to visit Gretna Green as a place for romance and weddings.

When I was there, it was winter but the weather was so good, I get blue skies and took many beautiful pictures.

At the back of the famous Old Blacksmith Shop where weddings were held here since 1712.  This is the sculpture garden where visitors take a breather from Carlisle in England, driving into Edinburgh in Scotland.

The most photographed wooden structure in the Sculpture Garden of Gretna Green.

The famous Old Blacksmith Shop where weddings were popularly held since 1712.
The location of Gretna Green driving from Carlisle to the border town.



The sculpture garden in Gretna Green.

The interior garden of the famous Old Blacksmith Shop.

Lots of romantic sculpture in the garden.

A beautiful scenery with the blue skies at the background.  Even though it was cold, it was breathtaking.

No comments: