ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Stonehenge, England

Stonehenge


Looking past Stonehenge is a beautiful living picture, of sheep.

The public bus that ply the route to Stonehenge

As the ubiquituous white and red double decker bus glided its way into the countryside, the scenery open up to a narrow road flanked by beech trees and coniferous woodland. The bus was quiet with a handful of passengers. The woodland washed the windows with its pale grey wintry air. Only the whooshing release of air from the hydraulic gear that can be heard distinctively from the bottom of the bus gently breaking the freezing silence. 
As the cleanly shaven botak beech trees retreating to the rear of the bus, the woodland yawned itself to full view. Till the last of the few conifer trees came to end, Stonehenge, with its colossal vertically erect structure, stood monumentally stoned in the middle of the meadow. Green sprawling field, wide open space invited into view the iconic structure that has baffled men for centuries, lay in its encircling setting. 
Mystical. 
Mysterious. 
Magical.
Stonehenge can be viewed from roadside while driving by.
Entrance to Stonehenge, entry fee applicable
I boarded the train from London Waterloo station for a day trip to Stonehenge in the winter months. Moreover, as I have all the time in the world, I chose to use the special offer for off-peak ride. It is best to buy a return ticket for the cost less to do so. The price is about £30 one-way. If you buy both ways and returning on the same day, you pay about £30 too. The train ride is about 80 minutes. It runs on the track so fast you hardly feel the time. I alighted at Salisbury Station and waited for the public bus which ran from Salisbury to Stonehenge to elsewhere.  
There is a Tour Bus that takes tourists to Stonehenge and to visit Salisbury Cathedral all in one day. Only £18 per adult. 
Stonehenge was built some 5,000 years ago. Maybe longer. As some experts have estimated that it needed 20 million hours to complete the construction.  Some said it was a holy site for healing to take place. Some said it was a scientific observatory. But who built them? And why? 

Stonehenge stood menacingly in the afternoon sky.
As I walked on the tarred pavement that surrounds the stones for a closer view, I think I heard the stones guffawed : "ahahahaha .....we are not telling, because you wouldn't believe us anyway!"  

2 comments:

selina said...

Hi.... your mail about the West Side Story was forwarded to me by Shel Ling (TM buddy). And out of curiosity, I went into your blog and noticed you have wonderful hobbies/work!! I really enjoy reading your blog, places you travelled to, and look at the pictures you took. Wish I could be like you....

baby cribs said...

We are planning to have a trip in England. We don't know where to start. I am so glad that i found this blog. It is going to be our guide in traveling to England.