ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Creative Dinner within 90 minutes




I will find time to cook dinner, because it is very fun to do so. Sometimes, it may be a little too late to start cooking, and sometimes the mood is just to relax and try something from some quaint restaurant or just eat out. But I will always find the time to cook myself and be creative in the kitchen. I have tried marinating fish with cincalok (fermented shrimp paste) and corn flour, then fry the fish until fragrant and crispy. Real taste of kampung in its most creative way!!

And this evening, I have a thought I will try something new too. Deciding to be a 1-day vegetarian, I think of some ways to make my vegetarian meals a bit exciting. After watching a chef cooked mushroom last night on AFC (Asian Food Channel), he caramelised them, and he used it for grilled steak. I found that interesting, about the caramelised mushrooms. So, I tried it with some tofu instead and it came out a beautiful vegetarian dish.

Roast Tofu with Swiss Brown Mushroom

1 box Tofu
1 box Swiss Brown Mushroom (sliced)
Fried shallots
Olive oil
Sesame oil
Butter
salt
Rice wine

I mashed the tofu with a fork in a glass baking dish, spread it out, and add fried shallot, sesame oil and rice wine, while I sauteed the mushroom with olive oil, salt and butter. Leave them to caramelise on low heat for about 15 minutes or until very fragrant. Then, pour the mushrooms onto the mashed tofu. Use a fork to mix them a little. Bake or set to roast if you are using a convection oven for about 20 minutes. (I think next time I will try to roast it longer!)

Taste terrific!!

And I also cooked French Bean Sprout, instead of using SoyBean Paste, I fried it with garlic and a pack of Feiron (which contains wakame, soy, spinach, pearl and ABM mushroom). I just add in Feiron without mixing it with water, just fry it dry with the French Bean Sprout, very high in iron and calcium.

The next dish is Butter Lettuce sauteed with fermented bean curd and chilies. I added in rice wine too.

A highly ingenious vegetarian dinner!!

No comments: