ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Monday, March 31, 2008

I, a Chinese Poet

(Click to enlarge to read Chinese as jpeg file, I design a beautiful poster with the poem.)

I found my old scrapbook and found some of my wonderful writings from my teenage years through to my years of under employment and then to my years in juggling business with my innocence. Quite a wide span of life experiences.

Reading my works, I feel very gifted. A born gifted writer, poet and perhaps even a Chinese Scholar in the past. I begin to feel that I know the Chinese language way before I was born. I attended English Catholic school from primary through to secondary. And yet, I had this urge to learn the Chinese Language when I was 8 years old. Then, I pestered my father to send me to night clasess to take up the Chinese language subjects as would a normal Chinese School student. So, I am reading geography in Bahasa Malaysia and speaking fluent English with teachers and class/school mates in the morning government school and read the same geography text in Chinese in the evening classes, likewise for all the other 8 subjects (I think it was 8 subjects.)

And then I grew up loving the Chinese language while I, of course, flourish with my English as well. But my Chinese language takes a softer approach in all my writings. And really, look at my poem I got it published in Sin Chew Jit Poh more than 15 years ago, I am astounded with my own talent, really!!

I translated it the way I feel it now, so all will be able to read. (I could sense like I went back 15 years ago, a deja vu feeling, about how I could have felt when I wrote this poem then, amazing-eh, like I have never left!?) Enjoy!!


舞者

弯腰伏着
在芬香的国土上
有一盏阳光照来
双手点着伸直的脚尖)
一个钢琴音符跃出
一只手划过一边彩虹
一只手摊开添上色彩
脚在地平线上一横
扫出汪洋追逐天空的狂欢
纤纤的身子一娜一个转
风吻着海鸥游过瀑布
穿过山河
冲过海浪
脚趾再一点
捉一朵云绕着山腰打了一个结
耸一耸肩 举手
小心翼翼的把太阳放到地平线上
再弯腰
拉着余晖晶莹的长袍
慢慢的放到离沙滩不远处
歇下来
低头看那些微细的沙
片刻
风也停止了

那种希望
在久久不息的“啪啦啪啦” 声中
得到了答案

Dancer

bending, face down
on the fragrant soil of a beloved country
a stream of sunlight beam through
both hands touch the outstretched feet
leaps a musical note from the piano
hand briskly sweeps open a rainbow
another hand vehemently brushes it with colors
on the horizon, a leg frantically draws a mighty curve
storms the sky as the ocean race it in a frenzy
a sensual body seduces and turns
wind pushes its lips to the seagulls and swings almighty waterfall
speeds through the rivers
pushes through the waves
tip at the toe
catches the clouds and tie a knot at the waist of a mountain
shrugs the shoulders, raises the hands
carefully places the sun at the horizon
again….. bending
towing the cloak of the shimmering dawn
slowly places it on the shore, not faraway
rest
bow, take a closer look at the glistening sands
at the split of a second
the wind dies

all the aspirations
in that long awaited thunderous “clap clap clap”
the answer is certain