ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Seoul walk

What are the must-see tourist attractions in Seoul?  One of the must-see tourist attraction when you are in Seoul is the Gyeongbokgung, the main palace of the Joseon Dynasty.  (Entrance fee is 3,000 won, about RM9 per adult)

I was there in the Fall, a very good weather to walk around with just a light jacket.  Average temperature was about 15°C.  It was cool and dry.  When I was at the palace, I had a pleasant walkabout because it was not crowded even though it was a Sunday.  It is definitely a good place to learn about Seoul at the reign of their monarch and its history.

It was my third trip to Seoul and South Korea.  I will go back again, first for the food, then to shop and only if I have more time to spare, will visit other palaces and Korean arts.

Buildings such as this has a secret mechanism which raises the doors to the ceiling to create open spaces.

Doorways to many rooms and palace compound.

This is a patio-like extension of the main palace gate.  I guess this is the place where the officers rest while they wait for their turn to enter the palace.

The entrance walkway into the main palace compound.  Very sandy in the Fall, but clean and well-kept.







No comments: