ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The World Eats - Ubud, Bali

My friend regularly jokes about the "daunting" pastime that I have when I travel - fine-dining on my own.  She couldn't fathom the idea of someone eating alone in a restaurant, she would rather starve than to dine by herself especially in a fine restaurant that serves appetizer to main course to dessert.  I have never asked her why.  It is not my concern if someone chooses to look at things differently. 

For me, eating is a pleasure - my pleasure.  Taking time to eat, to savor and taste local dishes are the closest you could get to knowing a country's culture and its people.  The spices and ingredients come from the land they so love.  The ground where they could smell it when the rain soaks up the breath of the earth.  The soil where their ancestors have laid their hands and feet.  For centuries, this is the land where they toil and sweat for the continuity of life.  So, when I eat, I am enjoying the land's abundance.  The aroma and the fragrance from the food carry with it the gratefulness and the joy that they too had served the land and served it well.

These are some great places to eat in Kuta and Ubud, Bali.

Made Restaurant in Kuta, serving authentic Indonesian dishes, esp gado-gado.


Warung Aja in Ubud, where I learned to make lemongrass drink.
Bebek Tutu from Warung Aja in Ubud
The best pork BBQ in Bali, available in Ubud

One serving of pork BBQ with condiments Rp25,000
Bebek Bengil (Fried Crispy Duck) at Dirty Duck Restaurant, Ubud

Dirty Duck Restaurant, Ubud

Coconut cake with Ginger Tea at Dirty Duck

Warung food, delicious, local and good price. Total meal price Rp14,000

No comments: