ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ba Duan Jin Qigong - The Least Energy for The Best Effects


For these 7 years, I have learnt that I can maintain a well balanced immune system, hence maintain excellent health, through SEED concept :

S Sleep and rest well
E Exercise regularly

E Emotional stability
D Diet

What all of us can provide thus far, is D - Diet through great Nutritional Immunology products and the knowledge of the Science of Nutritional Immunolgy (the relations between nutrition and our immune system.)

Then, we went on to learn about spiritual healing through conscious creation, such as learning about our chakras, energy and mind. (all these in ACIM)

Having done that, we are resting well too, through meditation and being joyful and peaceful all the time.

So, we have been doing the 3 things from SEED concept.

Now, I am fortunate to have met a qigong sifu who is all too willing to teach me the Ba Duan Jin Qigong. There are so many qigong techniques in the world, and I have been seeking and searching, finally, this happens to resonate with me. As always, since I am doing it, I email to all my friends who want to practise it too.

The qigong exercise is called BaDuanJin Qigong. Only 8 steps. I practised it after watching the Sifu performing the exercise on a VCD. I realised that I perspire more than I walk for the same amount of time which is 30 minutes.

My heartbeat, when I do brisk walking, is at 30-32 beats per 15 sec. Now, just by doing these 8 steps qigong exercise in my living room (under the fan), stretching and breathing, repeated the steps 10 times, my heartbeat is at 30 beats per 15 sec. I am burning calories already.

When I first did the exercise, my body heats up so much that I got a fever the next day. Mild one, so I drank a lot of water and took a rest, body temperature subsided in the evening.

I am impressed, so I wanted to learn the proper steps and perfect my posture. And so happen, the universe got me to meet the sifu himself. He is the one who appears in the VCD through my friend. It was my friend, Mr Goh, (64 years-old but still energetic and runs an Insurance Agency with so many agents under him) who introduced him to me.

Sifu is Mr Sam Siew Tong, he is 74 years old, looks so great and jovial. He has been teaching this qigong for more than 30 years. He started teaching at the carpark in Tong Shin Hospital. He is also a Chinese Physician giving holistics advice in a Chinese Pharmacy in Cheras. He has a huge followings after these 30 years of teaching. He has groups even in East Malaysia and Brunei. He is also a Vegetarian Cooking practitioner, so good that he even teaches the art of cooking vegetarian meals and so publish his own cook book too.
In the above pic, Sam SiFu is in white explaining the benefits of Ba Duan Jin Qigong to about 20 friends who came to my apartment to listen to his talk and then proceed to learn the exercise.

To return the Sifu joy of teaching, we gave him RM120.00 for 3 sessions at 2-hour each. He said we should be ready to practise after 6 hours of lessons.

No comments: