ABOUT ME, BRIEFLY


ABOUT THAM CHEE WAH, BRIEFLY

I have redefined retirement at age 23. I have a lifestyle where I do the things I like, with the time I have and still get paid for it. I designed my freedom these two decades, traveling to more than 40 countries. I run a successful business doing consulting works as a Corporate Writer, Corporate Emcee, Event Producer and a Workshop Facilitator. I am also a talk-show host on an Internet Radio station with two programs "A Course In Miracles for Work-Life" and "Freedom Speaks". Life is Healthy, Rich & FREE! You can design this lifestyle according to your willingness. I hope mine will inspire you to achieve that freedom too.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Just a Thought away!!

"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it within himself." Galileo

I was given the opportunity to talk to 2 groups of students. 1st group was Form 1 (13 years old) to Form 3 (15 years old) students. Another group was Form 3 (15 years old) to Form 5 (17 years old) students.

They were attending a 2-day course on Money Talk. This is a great program where the Trainers work with the students to get them to understand the financial mechanism in the market now. Topics range from housing loan to credit card bills, from commodity to forex, from unit trust to share market and many other financial instruments. The 2-day was indeed a great eye-opener for the young adults - well, at least they will know how their hand-phones come about. They don't just fall from the sky.

I was asked to talk on health. Because the Event Manager felt that with all the money we can make, we need a healthy body and a sound mind to be able to enjoy what we earn. Fair enough!! So, there I was touching on the topic called "SEED". It is a 3-hour talk covering subjects as per the acronym SEED :

S Sleep well - have enough rest so that the immune system can repair
E Exercise regularly - at least have brisks walk to get more oxygen into our lungs
E Emotional stability - be joyful all the time, practise meditation and choose peace
D Diet - what we eat, eat us!!

I showed the students a VCD on "Our Immune system at War" and we demonstrated the way we blend fruits & vegetables, and also the students get to participate in the making of fresh fruits & vegetables salad - and get to taste them too!!

While I covered topics like that, and since the whole 2-day was on attaining financial freedom, I sort-of open and close my talk with an understanding of how I lead my life right now. I told them that this may be the first time they hear someone sharing with them this kind of consciousness, but take it at face value, it may hit a note at one point of their life.

I said : "Need not look for a job - let jobs look for you!!"
I quoted Sai Baba, who said "Love All Serve All"

It just merely means,
Love my boss, Serve my boss
Love my patients, Serve my patients
Love my clients, Serve my clients
Love my customers, Serve my customers
Love my accounts, Serve my accounts
Love my engineering, Serve my projects

If I cannot love my customers and serve my customers, then I am dragging my days, it is not my passion, the big question is, "why am I still staying in that job/work?"

How many of us still teach our children to go out and work?
If everything stems from a Thought, then why not change the Thought.
It is also easy to teach our children to go out and Serve!!!! isn't it?

Why I said so? because at my Talk with the students, I asked them a question:
"What comes into your mind when I mention the word Retirement?"
Their answers were astounding and should shake the juice out of us all. There were 3 that I remembered, the children responded : "Old", "White hair" and "Not working".

These are young adults ranging from 13 to 17 years old. All they have been observing were that : old, white hair and not working at retirement??!!

Now, if everything starts from a Thought, I already know where these young adults are heading towards - retiring at 56 years old being old, white hair and not working. And that is in their belief system. Is this your belief system too?

I told the students : "Look at me, I am retired, do I look like that?"

Well, well, we have a lot of Thoughts to consciously work at.
And it is so simple -- it is just a Thought away!!

No comments: